Saturday 15 July 2017

Wonder

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: Wonder. I used a quotation by Abraham Joshua Heschel that reads: "Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge". 
As I was one of the Voices for Stencilgirl Products this month I had received the July 2017 Stencilclub stencils early (and utilized them for my Voices project that you can see here). I used the flower part as well as the circles of the large stencil for the background of these pages, done in a 5.5 x 8" art journal.
 I added multiple layers of paint but always the same parts of the stencil i.e. the flowers and also the circles.
To show "wonder" I collaged on the eyes and then added the large orange flower (both from magazines) and was amazed by how much that made the page look like a face.
Some more eyes were added with eye themed washi tape from Jane Davenport. I outlined the flowers and some of the circles as well as the large flower using black and white markers. The text was collaged on with words and letters cut from a variety of magazines.

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Luscious colors, mmmmm!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I noticed those fabulous large eyes first but it took me a few minutes to notice the other ones...how fun is that! Gorgeous layering and stencilling. I love how you have used the outlining to emphasize the stencil detail. This page spread is so fresh and lively...it really suits the theme of Wonder and I absolutely love the quote you chose, Frieda. Delightful spread!

Unknown said...

I see now that the eyes were collaged.

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous colors and visuals!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails