Thursday 25 August 2016

Not Saying No Soon Enough

We are still Saying No on The Documented Life Project while our art challenge for this week was: document a happy thing. I still had plenty of  NO quotations left and settled on using the one by Josh Billings that says: "Half of the troubles of this life can be traced to saying yes too quickly and not saying no soon enough". I wrote it by hand in the large white circle on the right hand page.
I started  this spread in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal by collaging some pieces of a vintage map onto the pages and then stencilling using the medium and small stencils from the August 2016 Stencilgirl Club. I then used a rubber stamp which I think comes from an ImpressMe set (designed by Sherrill Kahn). I could be wrong as the packaging has long since disappeared, but it looks like her design work.
I then added some of my happy moments in the shape of images of previously made art work and stitching, and punched circles from these pictures as well as cutting out the heart shape you see on the right. The circles were outlined using a Stabilo All black pencil as well as water soluble oil crayons.
 I like how the map peeks out here and there. 

2 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant composition and colors as usual! Love how you incorporated the quote in one of the circles:)

peggy gatto said...

Beautiful pages!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails